2014-2015 Undergraduate Catalog

Academic Affairs

Q: How do I know what classes are being offered?
A: The CU Register is published before each semester and lists the courses offered in the semester. It can be found here.

Q: How do I register for classes?
A: Current students should plan to register during Priority Registration which is advertised after midterm exams each semester. New students should arrange to Register with their Admissions Representative.
Academic Load
Auditing of classes
Class Availability
Class Cancellation
Class preparation
Instruction schedule
Final Examinations
Final Term Grades
Registration policy
Regular examinations and related assignments
Use of English

Q: How do I know if my courses will transfer to Cumberland University from my previous college/university?
A: Students should send official transcripts from each school attended to the Office of Admissions. The Registrar's Office will do an evaluation of the courses taken. The student will receive a student advisor transcript in the mail to show which courses transferred. For additional information, please see our Transfer Credit policy. IF a course did not transfer that you thought should you may complete an Academic Appeal to accept the course. Please see the Academic Appeal policy for additional information.

Q: How do I request my official transcript to be sent to another school?
A: Transcript requests MUST be in writing with the students' handwritten signature. Our transcript request form can be found on the student resources section of our website. Print the form out and complete it, at the top is our mailing address and our fax number. You can mail your request with check or money order, or you can fax it and pay over the phone with a card to the Business Office (615-547-1218). Transcript requests, in most cases, are processed within 48 hours.