2016-2017 Undergraduate Catalog

Veterans’ Benefits

  1. Any individual eligible for educational benefits from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs should file an application with the V.A. one month prior to enrollment. Benefit counseling and questions of eligibility for specific programs should be directed by telephone or in writing to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs Office.
  2. An enrollment certification (V.A. form 22-1999) will be completed each term by the Registrar after the registration process has been completed. A student must request that this form be filed by checking the appropriate section of the Academic Information Update Sheet, which is completed as part of the registration process.
  3. Academic credit may be allowed for some training received while in military service. Questions concerning service-related credit should be directed to the Registrar’s Office at the University. Transfer credit will be evaluated by the Registrar’s Office.
  4. The University urges individuals needing information or assistance with any veterans’ benefit program to contact an eligibility counselor at the nearest V.A. office.

Note: Cumberland is authorized by the State of Tennessee to offer training to veterans and other eligible persons under laws administered by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.

Troops to Teachers


Tennessee Troops to Teachers

710 James Robertson Parkway

Sixth Floor, Andrew Johnson Tower

Nashville, TN 37243